Mangler's Wrestling Stories

A series of stories written by myself (Mangler) and other authors. Most of these are reposts from my previous webpage, but there are some new stories as well. To easily navigate by author, simply click on the links below.

Comments on the stories are always appreciated.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Gym Adventures 1: A Day At The Gym

[for all you Gym Dude fans, here is a brand new adventure, fresh off the press, with a promise of more chapters to come]


Gym Adventures I: A Day At The Gym

Gym Dude

GD 4/25/2020

Like most of us, I have my normal routine.  I get up, fix a protein shake, loosen up, grab my bag and head for the gym.  I check-in, greet anyone there and head to the lockers.  Minutes later I warm-up and hit the weights.  My routine got all screwed up today and I really didn’t mind.  I’m still processing what went on.


I noticed this guy as soon as I walked in the door.  He was dressed in levis and a plaid shirt talking with Gene, the gym manager.  For some reason it seemed unusual.  He looked like a Country Boy fresh off the farm maybe new to a city gym.  Regular gym rats have a tendency to size-up anybody new and figure out where they fit in the pecking order and I am no exception.  The dude was tall, six one or a little more and built country-strong like he worked hard his whole life.  I pegged him to be somewhere around the 200# range.  My curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out the supplement selection where I could overhear the conversation. 

“The name’s Billy Ray and I might be interested in joining your exercise place here” the big Country Boy said excitedly.  The manager filled him in on the basic pitch but when Billy Ray mentioned motivation and some competition Gene had an idea. “You’ll have to meet Jack “, the manager said.  “You’ll get along great!  He’s been working out here since he was a kid and has done an amazing job.  Jack is addicted to competition of any type and form.  Any time or any place, when any man in the gym wants some competition, Jack is right there for him.  We’ve got a regulation ring, wrestling mats and a quiet room with padded walls for anything else you can dream up. You and Jack are about the same size and will probably end up working out together.  He’s a little younger than you but a tough kid.  State High School wrestling champion and now a junior at state still tearing up the wrestling mats.  During the off season he works power lifting and bodybuilding to keep up this strength and stay strong and limber.  Like I say, I think you guys will make a great match for one another and if you like competition, Jack will give you all you bargained for.” 

The Country Boy ‘s eyes lit up, “If what you say is true pardner, I may have found a new home!”  He headed off to the locker room and I wasn’t far behind him.  My workout had been postponed far too long.

By the time I was about done, Jack made his afternoon appearance.  The new guy was getting used to the gear and the special features of a city gym.  Off the rack gym trunks and large logo t-shirt stretched across his solid Country Boy frame but his Doc Martin boots were a little unusual for a gym but on his big frame he made it look natural.  His super friendly demeanor and good nature made him an instant good ol’ buddy to everyone and his years of hard work on the farm showed off when he started on the weights.  Every lifter was more than happy to spot him lifting and get him started safely.  By the time Jack showed up, Country Boy was well on his way and it didn’t take long for them to run into one another.

Jack is a well-known man around the gym and has trained hard there since he was a kid.  Weights treated the kid well and soon the lifters sort of adopted him.  Like a lot of kids, he took to it like crazy and his obvious development was a major motivator.  The girls at school noticed the difference right off the bat and as the guys sat around comparing their muscle growth, they were all amazed at their friend’s new found shape and strength.  They regularly would test each other on pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups and friendly wrestling around.  As the days wore on Jack became the clear leader of the pack and more of a coach for the other guys. Now at 20 years old, a high school and collegiate wrestler, Jack stands 5’11 packing a lean, hard and strong 196 pounds.  He works hard on technique, always learning new holds and moves and refining them into his own tools.  He doesn’t just wrestle, he studies it like a science. 

Of course, that doesn’t hide the fact that on the mats he often plays the role of a coach until he’s about done with his opponent then just muscles his man’s shoulders to the mat and puts him out of his misery.  As a great sport, he always helps his opponent up giving him a friendly slap on the back and thanking him for a good effort.  It’s kind of a “feel good moment” but it also lets the other guy know that he never really stood a chance anyhow and Jack had been in total control from the start.

As with the rest of the serious musclemen in the gym Jack and Billy Ray hit it off right away almost like brothers somehow separated at birth.  They come from totally different backgrounds but in other ways are so much alike.  Similar in size and not really that far apart in shape, Of course, Jack’s off-season training has packed on some extra lean solid muscle a fact not lost on Billy Ray.  Jack slaps the Country Boy across his reasonably solid stomach and says “Don’t worry.  We can fix that!” and they both get a good laugh.

Jack explains he’s damn good at wrestling and has done some boxing and did OK.  Billy Ray shared, “Well shucks, in the country we don’t have any of that boxing, but we do blow off some steam out back with a good old fist fight or two and I suppose a little rasslin’ thrown in if you know what I mean?” adding a firm punch to the shoulder for explanation.  “So, do you ever mix it up with some no rules fighting?  I’ll bet you’d be pretty good.  You sure look strong enough!”  Another punch to the shoulder and a chuckle.

“They tell me you’re kind up competitive …..” Billy just paused at that point.

Jack responds with a smile, “yeah, you could say that.”

“Well, so am I! I’ll bet we’re gonna be good friends…maybe even workout partners making sure each other “keeps up” should work for both of us.  You know we don’t have shiny weights like this back on the farm “. 

Jack had wondered how the guy got to be so strong and stay in such good shape.  “We work!”  Billy Ray laughed, “We lift big hay bales and farm equipment and when we’re not doing that, we test each other in games.” 

“Games?”, Jack questioned.  “Oh yeah, you know mano-a-mano contests, like how many times we can lift an old engine block over our head and stuff like that.  Running, jumping, climbing, whatever.  If you’re warmed up, I can show you a few things out back in the parking lot if you’re up for it.”  Jack grinned at Billy’s Country Boy ideas and led the way out back.

Billy Ray was immediately in charge, “To get started, we’ll race back and forth across the parking lot about ten times ought to do it.  You up for that?” 

The wrestler smiles at the thought, “Oh yeah, I get in a lot of running.” 

Billy Ray looked down at his feet, “ A’course these boots are not any good for running” as he kicked ‘em off and pulled off his socks…“so we’ll just run bare foot “. 

Jack was a little surprised but followed suit not to look timid.  It was a pretty warm sunny day and Billy Ray was on his way “catch me if you can, city boy “. 

As soon as Jack hit the asphalt and realized how hot it was, he made sure not to leave a foot down any longer than necessary.  He couldn’t help but notice Billy Ray didn’t think a thing about it.  Not to be left behind, Jack took off after the Country Boy. 

Each time he got close; Billy Ray would pick up the pace.  “This is great buddy.  I could run like this all day!” Ten laps and Jack was looking everywhere for some shade.  Both men were breathing good in the summer heat and working up a good sweat. 

It was obvious to Jack that Billy’s tan showed he spent a LOT of time working in the sun.  Jack’s lighter skin tone was already feeling a little burn.  “So, what else you got?”, he asked. 

Billy Ray was ready, “Well, since there is just the two of us, we could test our strength against each other “.  Grabbing Jack’s right hand and tugging him gently over as the clamped their other hands, Jack was already feeling some pain in his feet but wasn’t about to let on to his new opponent.  Billy Ray used his slight height advantage and a little surprise to pull Jack’s muscular arms up, bending his wrists back slightly before Jack powered up to hold him off.  Having a lot of experience with the move, Billy Ray powered up over the top forcing Jack to carry both their weight, adding even more pain to the bottoms of his feet.  Billy Ray was one strong customer and knew the competition well. 

No longer smiling, Jack’s expression was about as serious as a heart attack as Billy Ray increased the pressure even more then clamped his grip on Jack’s hands with amazing power.  It was all the wrestle champ could do to maintain his poker face.  Billy let out a laugh, “This is one of our more fun games because it gives every man an equal chance to show what they got!”  The Country Boy was chuckling while adding more than a little intimidation to his new workout buddy.  Jack’s bodybuilding routine was really showing progress and after his earlier workout his thick musculature was looking fantastic all of which seemed lost on his new friend who was still having the time of his life.  “DAMN Son!  You really got a Great body!”  Billy Ray exclaimed.  “Very impressive!  When we’re done playin’ around here I sure hope you’ll help me get results like that! “

The pain in his burning feet was so distracting Jack was unable to concentrate on the competition while Billy Ray just kept increasing the pressure on the wrestler’s powerful arms.  “Now since this is just a friendly competition and you’re just learning how to do it, let me give y’all a few pointers.  I can tell you’re already struggling and not able to put up of much of a defense, so here’s what you need to do, if you can.  First you gotta keep your wrists from bending back, that just adds a lot of pressure and punishes your arm muscles making them weaken.  It’s almost impossible to work your way back up.  You’ve gotta get them straight then press your hands down and force your opponent to carry the load!  You notice a real pump in those big caps on your shoulders and probably starting to feel fatigue and even little tearing of the shoulder muscle.  Let me show you what happens when I up the pressure just a little.  Your big guns have been under strain for a long time, held almost motionless.  They are not used to being under full flex that long and are starting to cramp up.  I don’t have to do much to add a lot of pain in those big arms of yours and there is really nothing you can do to stop me.” 

Billy Ray smiles as he provides the helpful advice to the young stud now held at his mercy.  Just a little more pressure and the buff bodybuilder lets out his first groan of agony.  “See?  That’s how it works!  You should have pressed out early on, or better yet, NOT let me get you there in the first place.  Now I’ll help you learn not to let that happen again “, as the Country Boy ups the force driving the wrestling champion’s knees onto the burning hot asphalt.  The young muscle stud remained locked in pain just a few moments before Billy Ray relented and easily pulled his man back up.  By now the summer sun was doing a real job across the stud’s arms, shoulders, back and chest.

Before Jack could relax in his new found freedom Billy Ray advised him, “here’s another fun test we play. we call it Try to Escape.  I just wrap my arms around your lower back and lift you off the ground then you try to get away “.  The Country Boy had the wrestler locked up before he knew what was happening.  In an instant all his wind was crushed out of his massive chest while Billy Ray clamped his grip tighter, tighter and tighter.  Each powerful flex took the novice bodybuilder to new heights of agony!  Jack’s head slumped across Billy Ray’s broad shoulder as the big boy’s solid biceps crushed the young stud’s massive arms into his already tortured ribs.  

The big Country Boy chuckled telling the celebrated wrestling champ, “Here, it looks like I need to give you some help with this too.  First, don’t let the other guy pin your arms down.  All that does is reduce the space for your chest, no space, no air and you are going to kind of need that air.  Go ahead, flex those big muscles of yours and try to escape.  There is no way you can do it!  Once again, you’ve left yourself open to a hold where all you can do is wither away or give up?  Is that what you want?  Is the big tough wrestling champion ready to give up so soon without even giving me some fight?  Hell!  They told me you were addicted to competition?  How about you show me some of that NOW???”  Darkness was closing in on the teen bodybuilder as Billy Ray increased the pressure.  

“AAAARRRGH!” Was all the muscle boy could groan.  “OH, I’m sorry big guy.  I didn’t mean to hurt you.  I thought you were a hell of a lot tougher than that.  The guys in the gym all told me you were some legendary muscleman that couldn’t be beat!  Shit, Man!  I am soooo sorry “. 

Billy gently put Jack down unleashing the pain from the hot pavement back into his feet.  The wrestler started to double over just barely conscious.  “Here Big Dude, let me help you!”  Billy said as he lifted the exhausted stud across his shoulders into a torture rack hold.  Gripping the kid’s jaw with one hand and a leg with the other the Country Boy flexed his powerful body arching his helpless prey across his shoulders. 

NO, No, No!” was all Jack could get our before his back erupted in agony.  “AAAAAGGGHH!  AAAGHH!  PLE-AAAAGH!  No Mo... AAAARGGH!”  The buff wrestler was left unable to even surrender to his captor! 

“Sorry buddy “, he kindly said in the ear of his aching victim.  “Like I said, everyone warned me about what a tough fighter and what amazing power you packed in those big muscles!  I sure didn’t think you’d fall apart so fast!  I never expected big city musclemen to be  so …. Fragile!” 

Once again, the Country Boy was sounding so apologetic all the while able to break the gym’s muscle hero in two!  “Let me help you here, I am really sorry “. 

As the Country Boy gently put what was left of the muscular wrestler back on the ground.  Jack was so weakened he couldn’t stand without Billy Ray’s support. 

“AAAAGGH, AAAgh, DAMN!” He said. 

“Yeah, I KNOW!  I am really surprised too!  And we didn’t even get to try a good old-fashioned fist fight!  Unless …..?  What do you think?  Do we have more time?  I know I do“. 

“No. No Man.  I’ve had enough today.  Can you help me inside?” 

“Sure Buddy.  Anything to help!” 

Billy Ray carefully helped the wrestler into the locker room then hit the showers himself.  Refreshed and ready for the day, the Country Boy came out to find the locker room suspiciously empty.  When he got dressed and approached the desk he inquired about his new friend. 

“Oh, yes” the gal said.  “Really unusual.  An ambulance came and took Jack away on a stretcher!!!!  Apparently, he had been out back and was badly sunburned and his feet were really tore up.  He was in a really bad way.  They had to put him on pain killers and everything.” 

“DAMN!” Billy Ray replied.  “I’m shocked!  I saw him out there not long ago and he seemed fine to me.  I sure hope he’ll be OK, we’ve got some weightlifting to get working on…..”

That afternoon, Billy Ray was sure to stop by the hospital with flowers for his buddy.  Jack was resting comfortably with plenty of medication.  “Damn, Son! I have to admit, you still look GREAT.  You got a super build and I can’t wait for you to get back in shape so we can workout together.  I’m really looking forward to the fun we can have!”

Jack tried to smile through the fog in his brain as Billy went on, “I wish I had known about how soft city boys can be.  You know on the farm we run barefoot all summer.  We got feet like leather.  I just never gave it a thought.  I am soooo sorry man!” 

Jack tried to move a little, his hospital sheet was down to his hips and his rippling abs worked hard to help him.  Billy reached up and slapped across the wrestler’s stomach just to get his attention.  “Shit man!  You’ve got the greatest looking stomach muscles I’ve ever seen.  You gotta train me to get those too!  I’ll bet the girls just hang all over you at the beach!  You know, this is a new challenge for me and I’ll take it.  I give you my word, not today or tomorrow but one day I will tear into your mighty gut muscles and personally break down every one of them. It’ll be your job to prove I can’t!  How’s that for something to look forward to and give you some extra motivation as we train, buddy?”

Billy Ray gives Jack another solid stinging slap across the abs.  “Oh, Yeah.  I gotta thank you.  Thanks to a training partner of your caliber, I‘m really gonna love it here!”

9 comments:

  1. OK guys, The first outing in years. I didn't expect to see it happen. Let me know what you think, Mangler sees to like it, I hope you do too!
    GD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued to see where this story goes next. Glad to see that you're writing again.

      Delete
    2. Wow! A new story after all those years!
      Thanks to you and Mangler, my lockdown is a little less tough. :)

      I enjoyed that story a lot! I can't figure out if Billy is a genuine strong goofy guy or a phony modest jerk, lol. I can't wait for part 2.

      Delete
  2. Damn why did this have to be a new story! I already want more and i cant go search for the next chapters haha. Really looking forward to whats coming next and see how things plan out. Also cant wait for the wrestling match and sees how that goes, can country boy take on city boy when they are in his element?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s SO AWESOME to have you writing again, Gym Dude! You, Mangler, Bigsqueezer, Ruff-n-Tumbler, Pec Man, and Cocky Punk were some of my favorite writers growing up and inspired me in my own writing. Your depictions of muscle-on-muscle action and dominance are simply incredible. No one writes about bearhugs (my favorite hold) better than you. I must’ve read your “Going Shopping”, “Routine Maintenance”, and “The Campout” series a hundred times!

    I often wonder if the characters from your stories are the same group of guys or if we’re just lucky to live in a world with so many young alpha studs and muscle victims. For example, are “The Champ” and his friends from “Going Shopping” the same group of muscle teens as “Claw Boy” and his friends from “The Campout”? Are there any plans for a crossover event? Perhaps the two devastated bodybuilders from “Going Shopping” and “The Campout” could meet each other in a PTSD support group and develop a plan to pit their muscle teen oppressors against one another. The hope is the two teens will seriously hurt each other – or at least deflate each other’s egos to where the bodybuilders can enact some revenge. The Champ and Claw Boy finally meet and go at it in a brutal contest of strength and skill to prove who’s the true alpha, but before a victor is declared, the teens realize they’ve been set up and decide to join forces against their bodybuilder victims, whom they notice watching the fight from a secluded location. They proceed to dish out some truly devastating two-on-one and dual suffering on the two older studs – like bearhug sandwiches and face-to-face camel clutches and stuff!

    I can’t thank you enough for resuming your writing after all these years, Gym Dude, and I can’t thank Mangler enough for preserving your stories (and the stories of so many other great writers) and convincing you to begin writing again. I can’t wait to see where this new series goes and what other great characters and stories you come up with!

    - JS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, thanks for your thoughts. MANY times I have no idea where these stories are going but I must admit that about the time Mangler was overwhelmed with everything, I ran out of story lines. As I've mentioned before, there are not many options in a fight set-up. I will say the characters in my various stories do not typically interact For instance, there are no plans for the CAMP OUT guys to bump into the Warehouse guys, but who knows? Certainly NOT me! I can tell you the new series of GYM ADVENTURES will be a little different, in that successive stories may not involve the same people. For example, ALL of these guys workout at the same gym but even core characters may not show up in each story. In other words, just like real life, the people who need beat up at work don't need to know the people you need to beat up socially. Thanks for writing, I hope you enjoy what is coming. GD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So should we not expect Billy and Jack to be back in chapter 2?

      Delete
    2. Ax,Can I call you Ax? Wait, I don't been permission .. besides Axel kind of takes the edge off and we're not in church today so AX it is. To answer your question the only thing you should expect ..... is the UN-Expected, but then you already know that. Jack needs time to heal and burns more than most injuries. Besides, Mangler needs some time for formatting and all the VooDoo that he DO. Let me just say, if I'm doing my job, you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  5. That was definitely a worthy addition to the Gym Dude collection! I can't tell you how many times I went back to the WayBackMachine searching for many of these awesome Gym Dude stories over the years. I'm grateful to Mangler for preserving and gradually republishing all the old stories. Even better is having Gym Dude writing new stories. Mangler AND Gym Dude, you both have been missed!

    ReplyDelete