Mangler's Wrestling Stories

A series of stories written by myself (Mangler) and other authors. Most of these are reposts from my previous webpage, but there are some new stories as well. To easily navigate by author, simply click on the links below.

Comments on the stories are always appreciated.

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

One Year and Counting

 

One Year and Counting

February 16, 2020 was my first post on manglerwrestling.blogspot.com – The Mangler is Back.  That day I also published an old story and then a new story that was a continuation of that story.  Since then, I have posted almost all of the old stories from my site (a few still remain). 

In addition, I have posted 20 other stories (17 Wrestling and 3 non wrestling) that are new.  I had not realized that it was that many until I looked.

Anyone looking at my old stories and my new stories would find one major difference:  most of the “old” stories were one story about a certain set of people and a certain setup.  No one was ever seen again (except for 1-2 exceptions.)  My new stories are more “serial” in nature and tend to have many overlapping characters and themes.  I’ve found that to have a “narrative” has actually made it a little easier to write and come up with ideas, but the stories are less violent (to an extent) and less “end of the line.”  Whether that is a good thing or not for readers only you can say.

You can blame Alex Miller (alexmillerscave.blogspot.com) for that.  As well as for my return.  It was a simple statement from him that made me want to return.  And I loved the way his stories were interconnected and continuing.  (As Sheldon Cooper would say “Fun Fact”:   I did not like the continuing nature of his Route 69 and AWL series when I first encountered them a few years ago – now I love them—go figure)

 

If you look at MY stories, they are broken up into three sections:

Independent stories – one or (maybe two) chapters and they are done.  I haven’t written many of these in a while but may start doing some more.  The problem is that I usually like the characters and want to continue them.  I may go back to some that were written previously and had suggestions of follow-ups and write the follow-up.

Redneck Arena Stories – stories that are self-contained, but interrelated (sometimes I lose track of who did what to whom and when) and take place in the Redneck Arena.  These are more explicit and more violent.

Fraternity wars Series – stories that are less sexual in nature and set at a local university with some crossover to the Redneck Arena series.  So far very few continuing stories but that will change.  Not as violent as the Redneck Arena.

I hope that I have helped to entertain you during this horrible last year.  I hope that you have found one or two of my stories to like and appreciate.  I TRULY appreciate everyone who has taken the time to comment and e-mail me.  Two of my new wrestlers were inspired by fans:  Dan “The Destroyer” Wang (a fan favorite) and ………. Well, you’ll just have to stay tuned to that one.

In celebration of my one-year anniversary, next Monday  I will be releasing a “set-up” story.  It will the set up for a series of stories that I will be releasing set in a new venue.  It will contain some old favorites, and no so favorites, as well as many new characters.  I truly hope that you like it.

Sadly, I have almost exhausted my collection of old stories.  I do have a few to go and will post them soon. What that means is that going forward I will only be posting one or two stories a month depending on my creativity and writing ability.

 I am always looking out for anyone who would like to consider writing some stories for the site.  My criteria are that you write most of the story (not just an outline)… and that is about it.  Of course, I reserve the right to reject anything I do not like-subjective I know.

Another “Fun and somewhat depressing Fact”:  Brian, my very first story, is now at least 35 years old.  And it was very hard to write and took a long time.  They have gotten somewhat easier but still can be a struggle.  [I do not consider myself a “writer”, too many issues with my style and stories, but I love what I do write.  I find it amazing that I have some many stories.  Nothing compared to Alex Miller but …..]

Thank you for a good year (in fiction, not so much real life) and I hope you hang around.

With a tight bearhug, a knee to the balls, and a slap to the face:

Mangler.

12 comments:

  1. So happy you started writing again and thanks for Dan the Destroyer. i love him as a jobber; can't wait to see what you have planned for him. Looking forward to more great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also can't wait to see what i have planned for him. His stories just sorta creep up on me.

      Glad you enjoy the site.

      Delete
    2. What inspires you for the Destroyer? He's a great character and honestly, I really get off on him getting destroyed. YOu do a great job creating and molding him and his stories.

      Delete
    3. He is based off a fan on my site who said he was up for anything. The inspiration is i love a Good jobber being beat up.

      I usually don't pre plan my stories but have a general idea and then start writing. Inspiration comes as I am writing.

      Glad you are enjoying him getting beat up.

      Delete
  2. Really glad you decided to bring back this site! I love all the stories on here old and new. Your writing keeps getting better with time and can't wait to see how things unfold with Dan and the Campground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy them.

      As for the campground, funny story that. In one of my upcoming stories, I threw in mention of the campground just as an aside to make people wonder what the hell I was talking about. I had no intent about writing about it. The Campground had other ideas as was born as a series.

      Delete
    2. Haha, well I am glad it inspired you! I know I can't wait to read about it!

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite site on the web.
    Thankyou Mangler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these stories and I always get excited whenever I see more. Thank you for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Glad you like them. Some new and interesting ones coming up.

      Delete